Housing accommodations are available for students with disabilities that require accommodations for equal access in the on-campus living environment. All requests for accommodations are received and reviewed by Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). SSD follows a process that is individualized, interactive, and confidential.
- Returning students, submit by March 1, 2020.
- Incoming First-Year Students, submit by June 1, 2020.
Students may submit a housing accommodation request at any time, year-round; however, students are encouraged to apply as soon as they are aware of their need for reasonable accommodations by June 1, 2020. The University anticipates most housing assignments will be made by July 1, 2020.
How to Apply
- Complete an online housing contract in the StarRez portal.
- As soon as possible thereafter, submit a housing accommodation request packet to SSD. The Housing Accommodation Request Packet is a downloadable PDF.
SSD is available to answer questions or assist you during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Returning students may contact their disability counselor for further assistance. Prospective and incoming first-year students may call SSD at 540-231-3788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit all housing accommodation request forms and supporting documentation to SSD by the most convenient method.
- By Direct Upload: Returning students may use the Online Student Health Portal (OSHP) for students. You may upload request forms and supporting documentation directly to SSD by selecting “Disability Documentation” on the upload webpage. Click here for detailed instructions.
- By Email: email@example.com
- By Fax: 540-231-3232
- By US Mail (and courier services):
Services for Students with Disabilities (MC 0185)
Lavery Hall, Suite 310, Virginia Tech
430 Old Turner Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061
SSD will acknowledge receipt of each submitted request by email to the student or phone call if the student’s email address is not available at the time of submission.