Virginia Tech™home

Incoming Students

As an incoming student to Virginia Tech, the transition to a university can be hard to make. If you have a disability, this transition can be made all the more difficult. If you have a disability, you must register with Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) to receive accommodations. For more information on registering for accommodations, follow the instructions in Registering for and Receiving Accommodations below. The SSD office is here to assist students with disabilities with making this transition as smooth as possible, and we welcome the opportunity to assist you.

When registering for accommodations, make sure you have documentation for your disability. When planning to attend Virginia Tech, make sure you are aware of the physical access points to buildings on campus and whether or not you will need housing accommodations. SSD also has a frequently asked questions page that contains many of the questions that new students have about university life.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.


Steps for Connecting with SSD and Receiving Accommodations